This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy to learn more.
So you’re planning your wedding and have seen wedding website examples from friends that look flawless? But you may be thinking to yourself, “where do I start? I’ve never designed a website before!” But don’t worry. There are plenty of free or inexpensive wedding website builders that are extremely user-friendly, and include templates to make it virtually impossible to create an ugly wedding website. To make it easy for you, we’ve done all the research. We’ll tell you what wedding website builders are the best and why.
1. The Knot
TheKnot.com is one of the first and most popular wedding resources out there, complete with free wedding websites and additional planning tools. TONS of brides use TheKnot.com, and their design templates are beautiful and on-trend.
- Cost: Free
- Template Options: 191 different template designs
- Features: Customizable Templates, Registry Syncing, a Guest list and RSVP Hub
WedSites.com has a free LITE version, but you can pay a little extra for additional wedding website features like a guest list database and digital RSVP’s The PRO version even has some great planning tools like a budget calculator and a timeline creator. You can even host a Virtual Wedding through WedSites. Stream your virtual event, send paperless ecards & updates, track RSVPs, and use the virtual guestbook to collect photos and well wishes all from one place.
- Cost: The LITE version is free. Then they have a STANDARD version for a one-time fee of $79, and a PRO version for $149. See what each includes HERE.
- Template Options: 30+
- Features: Free basic wedding website templates you can customize with your event info, with extra registry and guest list features for an additional fee.
Originally, Minted.com was created for designing and ordering invitations. But they great wedding websites to go with their services. One thing I love about their platform is that it’s basic and user friendly, and allows you to play around with a DEMO of each website template before choosing. It also lets you see how each template will look on a computer and tablet/phone. You can view the design templates side-by-side with it’s coordinating invitation design, which is a great feature for someone who loves to see everything together visually. Take a look at the wedding website example and preview below. We love how visually easy it is to use Minted.
- Cost: Basic Website is Free (with the option to upgrade to a premium account for a one time $15 fee, which includes some extra features like custom URL, photo gallery, and custom pages).
- Template Options: 850 different template designs…and counting!
- Features: Customizable templates, registry syncing, a guest list and RSVP hub, matching invitations/stationary, extra customization and privacy for an additional fee.
4. Basic Invite
At BasicInvite.com, their tagline is “Truly CustomTM Invitations”. Basic Invite is another company that is primarily for designing and ordering custom invitations. One thing I love about their platform is that it’s simple and user friendly, and allows you to test out a DEMO of each website template before choosing. Then, once you choose your website template, it also includes invitation and stationary template designs to match. Since I was a graphic designer in my past life (and still use those skills), I love the idea of all the design elements of your wedding to match beautifully, from the website, to the save-the-date and invitations, and even the thank you cards you send your guests after.
- Cost: Free
- Template Options: 592 different template designs…and counting!
- Features: Customizable Templates, Registry Syncing, a Guest list and RSVP Hub, Matching Invitations/Stationary
At Zola.com, they specialize in Registries, Wedding Websites, and Invitations. Their Registry feature includes gifts, gift cards and honeymoon funds all in one place. Zola boasts of a quick and easy wedding website set-up, noting that it takes just 5 minutes. And they have matching invitation designs to coordinate with each website template.
- Cost: Free (with the option to purchase a custom website domain name through Zola)
- Template Options: 300+
- Features: password protect your website, integrate your Zola registry or link to one from another store, collect RSVPs, ask for meal preferences, and customize other questions for guests!
6. Bliss & Bone
Bliss & Bone is a little bit more expensive, but their aesthetic is extremely modern with next level design options and features! If you really want to WOW your guests when they view your wedding website, then check out Bliss & Bone. They specialize in wedding websites and all paperless virtual invitation with the option for matching printed invitations.
- Cost: Standard: $12/month or Premium: $18/month
- Template Options: 40+
(Although Bliss & Bone calls them “builders” not “templates”, because they are so customizable)
- Features: Fully customizable wedding website builder, 7-day free trial, customization options for each guest, multi-lingual support, RSVP and guest management, email announcements and more.
COPYRIGHT © 2020, LANG DESIGNS LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Lang Floral Designs is a premier wedding florist in Chattanooga, Tennessee. We do wedding and event flowers in the surrounding areas of East Tennessee and North Georgia, and we also love providing brides everywhere with useful ideas and information for their wedding day. For a better idea of all we can do at your wedding, click here. Contact us today if you’re interested in hiring us for your wedding or event.